BCB Board Chair Powers and Duties
Adopted:December 4, 2001
Amended: November 28, 2011
The Board believes its ability to discharge its obligations is enhanced when leadership and guidance are forthcoming from within its membership. The Board will elect a Chair to serve at the pleasure of the Board.
The Board entrusts to its Chair primary responsibility for providing leadership and guidance.
The Board delegates to the Chair the following powers and duties:
- To preside over all Board meetings and to ensure that such meetings are conducted in accordance with legislation;
- To convey directly to the Superintendent such concerns as are related to him/her by trustees, parents, students, or employees which may affect the administration of the District;
- To provide counsel, when requested, to the Superintendent when a course of action may be necessary, the substance of which is not within the parameters of existing Board policy;
- To act as Board spokesperson upon matters of Board policy and issues related to governance
- To act as an ex officio member on any Board committee; and
- To act as a signing officer of the District.