BCC Appointed Board Officials
Adopted: October 10, 1995
Amended:December 2, 1996, January 26, 2010
The Board recognizes that its interests will sometimes require the appointment of trustees to serve on its behalf and it authorized these trustees, as appointed to act on its behalf.
- The Board will appoint one of its members each year to serve as the Board’s representative to the following:
- Alberta School Boards’ Association – Zone Director
- Public School Boards’ Association of Alberta
- Regional Stakeholders Group (Board Chair)
- Generally the representative will be from the committee identified
- The Board may appoint an alternate for each of its representatives
- The Board may appoint other members on an ad hoc basis.
- Representatives shall have the authority to expend such funds as contained in the budget to discharge their responsibilities
- Representatives shall report to the Board concerning the authorities they require in the conduct of their work and the Board shall make a decision.
- Representatives shall report the substance of their work to the Board.