BF Policy Advisory Committee
Adopted: November 12, 2002
Amended October 21, 2013
The School Act requires each school board to “establish policies respecting the provision for educational services and programs.” The Board also recognizes the need for schools to develop policies with respect to certain matters.
The Board of Trustees of Fort McMurray Public School District 2833 believes that policies should set forth the purposes and prescribe, in general terms, the nature of the organization or program which shall be used to create a framework within which the Board, staff and students can discharge their assigned duties with positive direction.
The Board authorizes the establishment of the District Policy Advisory Committee and delegates to the Superintendent of Schools, in consultation with the committee and in accordance with the following regulations, the responsibility and authority to develop District policies for consideration by the Board.
- The District Policy Advisory Committee shall
- Be co-chaired by Superintendent and Associate Superintendent of Business and Finance
- The Committee works on those policies assigned to it.
- Have representation from the following groups: School Administrators, Alberta Teachers Association – Local 48, Canadian Union of Public Employees – Local 2545, Parents and students.
- Committee Membership
- Two Board of Trustees members, elected at the annual organizational meeting of the Board of Trustees
- The Superintendent of Schools
- Associate Superintendent of Business and Finance
- One member of the Fort McMurray Public School Administrators’ Association (FMPSAA)
- Two public school members of the Fort McMurray Alberta Teachers’ Association, Local 48 (non-administrators representing Divisions I and II, and III and IV)
- Two members of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 2545
- One parent (appointed by the Networks Committee)
- One high school student (if available)
- The Board delegates to the Superintendent the authority to develop the procedures necessary to implement this policy