DLC Expense Reimbursements
Adopted: February 5, 1980
Amended: October 10, 2000, May 14, 2002, June 10, 2003, February 8, 2005, May 9, 2006, May 8, 2007, March 18, 2013
Under the School Act, a Board may provide for the payment of traveling and other expenses. The Board believes that individuals should be reimbursed for reasonable expenses they may personally incur as a result of District responsibilities.
The Board directs that trustees and others who are required by the School District to:
- Attend conventions for specific purposes;
- Attend conferences or seminars for professional growth and development;
- Travel and associated expenses on School District business;
shall be reimbursed for expenses incurred in accordance with the School Act and within the provisions of the respective sponsoring budgets.
The Board expects individuals to exercise wise judgement in choosing means of transportation and accommodation, which reflect concern for the District’s budget.
The Board will annually review and authorize expense reimbursement rates.
- The district will reimburse Trustees and employees for fair and reasonable travel expenses incurred while on district activities.
- Reimbursement will be at the rates detailed in Schedule A attached to and forming part of this policy.
- Approval of the school Principal is required:
- prior to any expense reimbursement which is drawn from school designated funds.
- Approval of the Superintendent or designate is required
- prior to any expense reimbursement, which is drawn from District designated funds.
- Reviewing of expense reimbursement claims is delegated as follows:
The Associate Superintendent Business and Finance shall be responsible for the reimbursement of claims including authorization of payment.
- The chairman shall review Trustee claims
- The vice chair, shall review the Chairman’s claims and the Associate Superintendent of Business and Finance shall review the Superintendent’s claims.
- The Superintendent or designated supervisor shall review all other claims..
- Claims for less than $200.00 can be submitted at the employee’s convenience.
- Claims for the school year must, however, be submitted by August 31st of that year.
- Original receipts must be attached to all claims.
- Claims without original receipts will not be paid except when being reimbursed at the prescribed rates of Schedule A.
- Original receipts are required for meals and accommodation unless the amount as per Schedule A of Board policy DLC is claimed.
- Claims without receipts should be on “an exception” basis only, that is, only when a receipt cannot be obtained.
- School travel policies must not exceed reimbursements presented in Schedule A.
The following rates and fees are established pursuant to various policies of the District
1. Travel Allowance effective June 1, 2007
- Maximum of $.475 per kilometer for Central Office initiated travel.
- Accommodation maximum $50.00 paid without receipts.
- $10.00 Breakfast
- $15.00 Dinner
- $25.00 Supper