FE Facilities Construction
Adopted: April 19, 2000
Reaffirmed June 22, 2010
- Capital projects are new construction and modernization projects identified in the district’s capital submission and approved by Alberta Education.
- Capital Projects
- The board will confirm by board resolution the capital budget and the funding sources for all capital projects.
- Change orders for funding that is additional to the board approved budget; or change orders that significantly alter the scope of work on the project (change order cost exceeds 10% of the approved project budget), will be presented to board for approval.
- Selection Of Architect
- Architectural firms shall be selected for capital projects in accordance with Policy FEB Selection of Architect.
- The Board shall be informed of the commissioned architect for each capital project.
- Concept Design Of Capital Projects
- The board shall be provided the concept design for each capital project.
- Construction Contracts, Bidding And Awards
- The board may carry out any portion or all of a project using district forces or construction management, subject to ministerial approval.
- A construction contract shall be awarded to the qualified contractor who submits the lowest acceptable tender, subject to budgetary and ministerial approval.