GA Personnel Policies Goals
Adopted: December 4, 2001
Amended: November 28, 2011
The Board intends to:
- Ensure that competence is the governing factor in the acquisition and retention of staff through:
- The development of a comprehensive recruitment program;
- The application of a vigorous program of staff supervision and evaluation; and
- The provision of a staff development program that aims at improving competence.
- Ensure that an effective working relationship between the Board, its staff (and their official representatives), and Alberta Education prevails.
- Ensure that rewards to employees reflect the Board's commitment to excellence and competence through:
- The conclusion of locally resolved collective agreements;
- The development of appropriate personnel policies; and
- The application of the principles of fairness and justice in the administration of those policies and agreements.