GBCB - CUPE Code of Conduct
Adopted: September 11, 2007
Reaffirmed: November 25, 2013
Fort McMurray Public School District 2833 believe that Support Staff should strive to create an atmosphere where each person with whom they come in contact with reaches their potential. Support Staff has the responsibility to adhere to standard practices, policies and ethical conduct towards students, colleagues, school personnel, parents and members of the community.
Support Staff shall:
- Act in a manner that maintains the integrity of Fort McMurray Public School District 2833.
- Adhere to the terms of employment, which include taking direction from their supervisor, punctuality, dependability, responsibility and adaptability to changes in assignment.
- Be aware of the role model they present in a Professional Learning Community.
- Maintain confidentiality of information obtained during the course of their duties, respecting the privacy of all persons unless disclosure is required by law.
- Treat all persons with dignity and respect irrespective of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or family status.
- If staff has reason to suspect child abuse, the first step is to notify the teacher and seek guidance from their supervisor.
- Address issues calmly with another employee in confidence seeking mutual resolution. If a resolution is not reached, then inform the other party that you will seek guidance from your supervisor.
- Maintain personal and professional integrity, seeking to develop skills and knowledge to improve practice.