GCBC Central Office Out of Scope Management – Vacation, Statutory and Leaves
Adopted: June 12, 1979
Amended: June 26, 2007, June 17, 2013
Bearing in mind the demands placed upon out of scope management personnel, the hours of evening and often weekend work involved, and the importance of maintaining a good state of health on the part of such personnel, the Board authorizes the following arrangements.
- Vacation arrangements shall normally be scheduled through your supervisor with written approval provided to the Human Resources Department.
- A proposed annual holiday plan shall be provided to the supervisor by January 31 each year.
- Members of the out of scope management team shall be required to take an annual vacation of not less than three weeks total during the year.
- At least one executive staff member will be available at all times when the office is open.
- Out of scope management personnel may carry forward a maximum of 30 vacation days.
- Statutory holidays shall be as per employment standards and also include Boxing Day, Easter Monday and the first Monday in August.
- Unless otherwise provided for, leaves of absence will be provided for as per the Alberta Teachers Association local collective agreement with the exception of personal days.
- Record of all vacation periods shall be kept in the Human Resources Department.