GCCB Relocation Advance
Adopted: September 17, 1990
Amended: March 11, 2003, June 14, 2005
Reaffirmed: April 23, 2012
In order to assist teachers in relocating to Fort McMurray, the Board may provide interest-free salary advances up to $1,200.00 and/or moving allowance.
On receipt of a written application, the Superintendent or designate, may approve requests, in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The advance shall be available on a one-time basis, at the commencement of service in the District.
- The advance shall be repaid by deductions from the applicant's pay at a rate of $100.00 per month.
- Recipients shall sign a promissory note relative to the monthly repayment or in the instance of resignation termination full repayment taken against outstanding salary entitlement.
The Board of Trustees may set a moving allowance for teachers at the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools or designate if teacher recruitment pressures warrant it.
- The total amount will be set during the budget process.
- Teachers who qualify:
- Must provide evidence of movement to Fort McMurray within 6 months of contract date in the current year, but no later than September 30th.
- Request in writing to Assistant Secretary-Treasurer
- Teachers will receive $500.00/each on a first come first served basis until the fund is depleted.
- No further moving allowances will be given once budgeted amount is used up.