GCCC Relocation Expenses of New District Administrators
Adopted: September 13, 1976
Amended: June 12, 2007; November 25, 2015
The Board will assist with the normal relocation expenses incurred by Administrators newly appointed from outside the District.
Requirements for receiving assistance are as follows:
- A maximum of $3000 to $7000 will be reimbursed according to distance travelled and receipts submitted for moving and storage of household goods and travel from old permanent residence of employee, spouse and dependent children to the district.
- Expenses must comply with Canada Revenue Agency Allowable Moving Expense.
- Moving expenses will be based on location and distance as follows:
- Up to 500 kms via road/highway $3000
- 501 kms up to 1000 kms via road/highway $5000
- 1001 kms up to 7000 kms via road/highway $7000
- The administrator will obtain and forward to the Associate Superintendent Business and Finance written quotes from moving companies.
- In most instances, the lowest bid will be accepted, although other factors may be considered.
- Payment for the move may be to the administrator, upon the submission of receipts, or directly to the moving company, upon receipt of an invoice. Submission of receipts is to be completed within six (6) months of starting employment.
- The administrator agrees to work for the District for a minimum of three (3) years.
- If the administrator terminates employment prior to the completion of three years, costs of the move become repayable on a pro-rated basis.
- If employment is terminated by the District, the costs of the move are not repayable.