IE Student Attendance School Attendance
Adopted: April 16, 1990
Amended: December 4, 2001, June 22, 2010
The Board believes that regular attendance is important because regular school attendance contributes to academic success and to development of responsible student behavior.
Absence constitutes missing any instructional period.
- The Associate Superintendent of Education & Administration shall be the District's Attendance Officer.
- Staff in each school will make every effort to ensure that the school provides an environment, which encourages students to attend.
- When students do not attend regularly, parents shall be kept informed of the incidence of absenteeism.
- The consequences for student attendance non-attendance will be well publicized to parents and students at each school.
- Students who are chronically absent from classes or school may be referred by the principal to the District Attendance Officer.
- Students who are chronically absent from school may be referred by the District Attendance Officer to the Alberta Attendance Board.