IHA Student Insurance Program
Adopted: May 12, 1986
Amended:October 10, 2000, February 10, 2009, December 16, 2015
The Board recommends that all students have accident insurance for themselves and their parents' protection. The Board will name a student accident insurance carrier each year.
The Board will purchase blanket coverage for all students for injuries incurred:
- In or on school buildings or premises by reason of attending classes on any regular day;
- In attendance at or participating in any school activity approved and supervised by proper school authority;
- Travelling directly to or from the student’s residence and school for the purpose of attending classes or participating in any school sponsored activity
- Travelling directly to or from any regularly schedule and approved school activity under the direction or supervision of a proper school authority.
- Parents will have the option to purchase additional coverages to enhance the blanket coverage.
Alberta School Act: Sections, 60(1)b(i)