IHFAA Lunch Break Responsibilities
Adopted: June 19, 2000
Amended: December 4, 2001, June 22, 2010
The Board of Trustees recognizes the requirements to provide supervision of students during lunch breaks. The Board believes it is the responsibility of the School Principal to provide supervision during the lunch break period respecting the rights of staff to have a reasonable time to have a break for lunch purposes.
- The Board understands lunch break supervision of students shall be provided for:
- Students who are transported to school by bus and not taken home during the lunch break
- Students who are permitted by the Principal to remain at school during the entire lunch break.
- The Board understands supervision duties may be carried out by professional, non-professional staff and/or volunteers.
- The Board understands each Principal, in consultation with their staff, will determine the effective supervision required and assign supervision and or other assigned duties in a reasonable and equitable manner
Alberta School Act: Sections, 61