Role of the Vice-Chair
The Vice-Chair shall be elected by the Board at its Organizational Meeting, and thereafter at any time determined by the Board, to hold office at the pleasure of the Board.
- The Vice-Chair shall act on behalf of the Board Chair, in the latter’s inability to act or absence and shall have all the duties and responsibilities of the Board Chair.
- The Vice-Chair shall assist the Board Chair in ensuring that the Board operates in accordance with its own policies and in providing leadership and guidance to the Board.
- Prior to each Board meeting, the Vice-Chair shall confer with the Board Chair and the Superintendent and/or designate on items to be included on the agenda, the order of these items and become thoroughly familiar with them.
- The Vice-Chair shall serve as Chair of Board Committee of the Whole meetings.
- The Vice-Chair may be assigned other duties and responsibilities by the Board Chair.
Section 60, 61, 65 School Act