Registered Apprenticeship Program
The District working with Alberta Education, Alberta Labour in partnership with local employers agrees to implement and provide secondary school students with the opportunity to participate in the Registered Apprenticeship Program.
- There must be a designated coordinator at the school level.
- Work placements will be monitored by designated school personnel.
- Principals, in consultation with parents and business, will establish specific program criteria.
- Students shall:
- Be the full age of 16 years in order to register in the program;
- Have met apprenticeship entrance requirements; and
- Complete all compulsory credit requirements. Students may earn up to 20 credits per year while training on the job.
March 3, 1992
December 4, 2001, September 21, 2016
Section 12, 16.2, 18, 20, 39, 45, 45.1, 54, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Apprenticeship and Industry Training Act
Section 75 Employment Standards Code
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Labour Relations Act
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Worker’s Compensation Act
Student Record Regulation 225/2006
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Off-Campus Education Guide for Administrators, Counselors and Teachers
Labour Relations Code
Knowledge and Employability Courses Handbook Grades 8 to 12