Yellow Bus Fees Including Handi Bus
- The annual fee to access regular Yellow Bus Transportation is as follows:
- For students residing at least 1.0 km from their designated school but less than 2.4 kms $35 per month or $350.00 per year effective September 1, 2018 ;
- For students choosing a school other than their designated school and who are eligible to access yellow bus $35 per month or $350.00 per year effective September 1, 2018. (Family cap does not apply to Choice students)
- For families using Yellow Bus Transportation from the same location their yellow bus fees will be capped at three (3) times the monthly fee per student.
- Lost or misplaced passes can be purchased at the school for $10.00.
- Parents are required to pay the full fee at the start of the year
- Bus fees for students will be calculated based on the registration date with the District for school, the amount payable shall be calculated as follows:
- Registration for school before November 1: full amount in effect
- Registration for school after November 1: amount prorated based on ten month calendar, with partial month counted as a full month.
- Deregistration before September 30: full reimbursement except for a $25 administration/processing fee;
- Deregistration before December 31: 50% of the bus fee charged less outstanding fees
- No refund after December 31
- From time to time, there may be a need to review transportation fees due to hardship. When payment of transportation fees cannot be made in full, the parent(s) / guardian(s) or independent student is required to make written application for special consideration to their Principal. The Principal has the authority to provide a payment plan or to reduce the transportation fee. Any fee reduction will be charged to the school budget. Any hardship request must be made annually and supported by appropriate documentation.
- Transit Passes:
Students residing less than 2.4 kms from their designated school, Student Monthly Transit passes may be purchased directly at the designated points of sale operated by the RMWB. The High Schools will also have monthly student transit passes available for sale; a small administrative fee will be charged to those purchasing passes each month by rounding the cost up to the dollar.
Students residing 2.4km or greater from their designated school are eligible for a monthly pass.
Lost or misplaced passes can be purchased at the school at the current monthly rate.
Note: Canada Revenue Agency has a Public Transit Tax Credit
|Adopted:||September 21, 2016|
|Amended:||June 13, 2018|
|Reference:||Section 20, 24, 25, 45, 45.1, 51, 52, 53, 60, 61, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Traffic Safety Act
Commercial Vehicle Safety Regulation 121/2009
Student Transportation Regulation 250/98 (Amended A.R. 125/2005)
Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation 304/2002
Vehicle Equipment Regulation 122/2009